SCHOOLgate access system
SCHOOLgate access system is one of the products of the UNIgate systems. This system is specifically designed for the needs of schools and school-like establishments. Thanks to its modularity, it can be used as the very basic to complex systems. It can be customized based on the requirements of the individual user.
- Modular electronic access system
- Communication using contact or contactless identification media
- Checking of access rights
- Controlling any mechanical devices (locks, turnstiles, etc.)
- Presence test
- Available in very basic to complex applications
- Easy setting of access rights
- Flexible updates and deletions of access rights
- Automated software evaluations
- Recording reasons for departures (attendance recording)
- Building custom sets and outputs
SCHOOLgate system is suitable for securing any area from unauthorized access. It can also serve for prevention of unauthorized use of machinery and equipment. The modularity of the system allows design changes based on the requirements of the clients and can be always extended as needed with additional control points and user media. Great advantage of the system is the wide range of components, custom changes and available upgrades according to the needs of the client.
Communicates with reading terminals and is on-line connected with the evaluating PC and possibly other control electronics of the network.
The main task of the electronics is to manage the database of users and their access rights based on time settings, save information from the reading terminal about users passing or reasons for passing in the memory, update correct date and time, and/or control connected mechanical devices (door locks, barriers, turnstiles…).
Every control electronics can be used for two reading terminals and any one mechanical device.
Access terminal called reader is located near to entrance, which should be protected against not authorized person.
The reading device has no controls. Models available for contactless media and for contact identification chips.
The electronics of the reading terminal can be installed in various cases and for contactless design it can be on a wall under the plaster therefore protected from any external damage.
The PC Adapter is used for communication between the identification media and the computer, especially for inputs into the system.
It creates a physical connection between the control units of the network and the evaluation computer via a serial PC port.
The maximum distance between the adapter and the last control unit of the network is 1000 meters.
The adapter is also used as the hardware “keyů therefore, without the key the evaluation software could be run as a demo version only.
The adapter (called personificator) can contain only one list of personnel at the time, but it can be transferred into more units (in case their access rights are identical).
In SCHOOLgate system, the customer can select out of two designs of the identification media.
Both versions of the software can be run on Windows 98 and higher.
- automatic, regular or manual communication with attendance terminals – task planner
- terminal data processing either automatic or manual
- graphic view of the attendance of individual workers within a month with the option of easy editing
- monitoring of attendance for a given time period – one month, one week, two weeks, 10 days, 28 days…
- registering the breaks with the option of automatic setting according to rules (at certain intervals, at specific fixed times, based on the hours worked).
- three level system of approval of edited attendance (processed, inspected, approved) automatic approval of attendance according to the specific rules
- overtime monitoring system – determine how many hours to transfer into the following month, how many to pay for and how many to delete
- monitoring and calculation of the over-fund – monitoring the overtime over a longer period of time
- reading device dial (time and attendance, access terminals) with defined access operations and implicit times of operations
- option of defining a selected group of employees that can use individual
- operation dial (interruption of the working hours) – adjustable based on the needs of the company
- option of defining possible automatic termination of operation – at certain time, at the end of working hours, at the end of daily commitment, …
- option of automatic continuity, repetition of the operation according to the set conditions (sick leave, leave, business trip, etc.)
- definition of the time segment of the pay in which the operation (interruption of the working hours) will be included
- detail setting of rounding-up the time segment per day, per month or per variable period of time
- shift dial with option of fixed and flexible working hours monitoring
- option of ignoring the timely arrival of employees to the work place
- intelligent and automatic recognition of the worked shift – the employees come to work although they are not scheduled for that shift in the calendar – the software assigns the shifts correctly
- calendar dial allows for defining the working hours for every single day in the year – for groups of employees as well as for individual employees
- types of calendars for one-shift and multi-shift operation
- employee dial with their basic personal data
- identification media dial with possibility of assigning them to individual employees – option of blocking the ID media
- option of manual updates of the attendance operations by the user (for one or more days in advance)
- complex system with option to define access rights for working within the attendance system, option of restricting the attendance editing to a group of employees (center, department) or authorized personnel only
- balance processing of the working hours with information about the balance from the attendance terminal
- processing of time segment statistics (hours worked, absence and compensation…) for the given time period
- quick and easy access to the monthly and daily attendance results
- automated communication with a distant workplace – modem, internet, data circles
- access system – opening of doors, turnstiles, gates, barriers in accordance with the access rights
- monitoring of presence of employees either at the time or retrospectively with the option of displaying a photograph
- distinguishing between present and absent employees by color
- well arranged and graphical capacity planning
- import and export of data into the personnel and payroll systems
- automatic synchronization of data with superior systems (payroll, personnel system, production…)
- data entry, manager – a large number of pre-defined entry sets with options for defining the viewed reports by the user
- output sets editor – creation of own sets, export charts
- Software technical specification
TIME&ATTENDANCE software is an application using Windows 98/2000/XP/VISTA/Windows 7 for database platforms:
- Microsoft Access
- MSDE 2000, 2005, 2008 (Express Edition)
- Microsoft SQL 2000, 2005, 2008 Server
- Firebird a Interbase pro Linux/Win32
- Oracle 9,10